Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 9 - The Weekend

On Friday my family and I went to a local park that has a reservoir pond. It is approximately 2 1/2 miles to walk around it. It has a small trail and has hills and the path is uneven which I feel makes for better exercise. I was sore when it was over, but had a great time. :-) We walked towards the back of the trail and found that there is a man who keeps sheep and goats. They were all over a hill towards the back! It was really neat, because one of the goats had a baby about ten minutes before we got there and it was so small and tiny and cute. :-) But with my Nike+ GPS app, we tracked walking a total of 1.88 miles. Which for me is pretty great! 


Path and trail we walked according to the app. This place is in the middle of the city and feels like the country when I'm there. 
 
Saturday I went to Texas City with my family and found tons of temptation! We went to a seafood restaurant and I had the grilled chicken. I also had the french fries and half a slice of buttered(margarine?) toast. I know I shouldn't have had the french fries, but they didn't have green beans or corn on the cob, essentially the only two veggies I eat. I also treated myself to half a cup of soft serve chocolate ice cream. (It was free!?) I really felt like I had blown it after eating that and really just felt like blowing the whole day. But my sister helped me out and supported me convincing me not to do so. So I was over in calories and fat in my nutrition tracker (which I did track everything), but not by much. Which really made me glad that I had not completely blown it! :-D 


Oh and GO TEXANS!!!! Whoo hoo for their play off win!!! 



Sunday was good, I had to get up and go to a meeting for work, so I ate breakfast before going and then I was energized for the whole day! I was able to get so much done around the house that I normally wouldn't have done. After a meeting I usually just sit around and end up taking a nap or lazing the day away. 



So Saturday wasn't horrible with my nutrition, but it wasn't super great either. But I did spend all of my time outside playing with my nephews and neice in the parks we went to and walked around at the Texas City Dike. And Sunday was even better staying within my nutritional goals and doing something I've not had the energy to do for a while. All in all I had a great weekend, kept moving and had a great time! 



A couple of pictures from Texas City. :-) 


The ocean from the Texas City Dike! 


My twin nephews and niece, who I affectionately call the monkeys. 
Left to right(Nathaniel, Miriam and Elijah) 


Being attacked by the monkeys! :-D 


A few shells I gathered at the dike. 
 


*Original Post Date 01-09-2012

No comments:

Post a Comment